Organizational Assessment and Fundraising Readiness
Preparing your organization so that it can initiate a successful fundraising program is a critical task. Hopkins Fundraising Consulting often partners with nonprofit organizations to assess an organization’s proficiency with regard to fundraising and to ready the nonprofit to increase its fundraising efficacy. This service includes:
- Review of the organization’s mission for clarity.
- Assistance with the development of a community impact statement.
- Assisting the organization with an assessment of current and future financial needs.
- Review of staff and Board roles, development of job descriptions, and development of accountability standards for all those involved in organizational fundraising.
- Assisting with the development of an appropriate fund development budget for the organization.
- Training of staff and Board leadership regarding effective solicitation methods.
- Training of staff and Board leadership with regard to maintaining relationships with donors as a method for maximizing future donor support.
- Review of current donor software/recommendations regarding software.
- Review of gift accounting and acknowledgement procedures.
- Development of gift policies.
- Assistance with the development of a “case for support” and printed/marketing materials related to fundraising.
- Testing the mission and vision of the organization with 8-10 community opinion leaders (optional).