Pre-Campaign Feasibility Study
Feasibility studies are the first critical step in planning for a capital or advancement campaign. Pre-campaign studies help nonprofit organizations gauge donor and community support for a specific capital project, program enhancement, or endowment effort (or often, a combination of the three). Feasibility study services include:
- Assistance with the drafting of a “case for support” document and an appropriate cover letter to introduce the case.
- Conducting face-to-face interviews with pre-identified community stakeholder constituents to determine:
- Community impressions of the organization and its mission.
- Community reaction to the proposed project, program enhancement, or endowment effort.
- Feasibility of initiating a successful community based campaign.
- Suggestions regarding community leadership for a campaign effort.
- Suggestions regarding potential donor candidates for a campaign effort.
- Personal willingness to be involved in campaign leadership.
- Personal willingness to support a campaign effort with a individual or corporate/foundation gift.
- Delivery of a comprehensive report detailing donor/community reaction to the proposed campaign effort.
Feasibility studies are usually conducted over a three month period.